Here in GPK Land, the backs of our necks are always dirty and gritty - but this summer heat sure isn’t helping. So we decided to make lemonade out of our disgusting perspiration with a new update - Helter Swelter!
We’ve got four scorching new characters, each with their own take on summer fun: have a blast with Firework Kirk, go on a cannibal cookout with Gil Grill, get an (eye) hole-in-one with Teed Off Tom and as for Walter Melon, well, he’s just the pits.
If those four don’t spike your temperature, check out our new Battle History feature in the Arena that shows you who attacked you while your back was turned. We also added a nice big REVENGE button for when you get a little hot under the collar.
All that, plus a new Deranged group of GPKs, super-slick graphic messages in your Inbox, and fresh stock in the Bazaar. Let’s face it, some of those GPKs were getting a little moldy - and not in the good way.
You may be a lover, a dancer, or just someone who likes to go on slides - no matter what, Helter Swelter is going to set your world on fire!
- Character token updates:
- Club Fights 4-6: Replace Kim Kong with Gil Grill
- Dolts Hard 6-4: Replace Brainy Janie with Gil Grill
- Club Fights 5-1: Replace Vile Kyle with Walter Melon
- Dolts Hard 3-2: Replace Large Marge with Walter Melon
- Dolts Hard 4-3: Replace Mona Loser with Firework Kirk
- Dolts Hard 3-3: Replace Tee Vee Stevie with Firework Kirk
- Increased starting heal percentage of Tee-Vee Stevie’s Energy Overload ability from 20% of damage done to 40% of damage done.
- Arena, Events, and Worm Wars opponent AI has been improved - we got tired of going easy on you guys.
- Required Cards tab in Events has been redesigned to be much easier to understand - and more importantly, it looks cooler!
- Improved descriptions of the XP crate packs
- Improvements to Google Play Game Services integration
- Lots of graphics have been optimized. This should somewhat reduce the game's size on disk and its memory footprint when loaded
- Improved VFX and visual feedback when adding Junk, leveling up Junk level, and for Player Level Up
- Improved visual separation between Junk panel and Character Tokens panel to avoid confusion for new players
- Optimized impact effects for slime projectiles. This was causing crashes on some devices when Armpit Britt used her special attack. At GPK: The Game, we solemnly promise to never stop optimizing our slime.
Character ability fixes:
- Added a limit of one Regeneration per character per turn
- Bony Joanie’s ability Deathly Heal is now correctly flagged as self-damage and will no longer trigger counterattacks from teammates who are meant to counter enemy attacks on allies. So, you know, there’s that.
- Phil Grim's debuff removal now correctly removes DOT as well
- Grim Jim’s Scythe Strike ability now correctly heals Jim when removing buffs from the opponent instead of healing the opponent. Come on, Jim! That’s now how this works!
- Added level 7 upgrade to Adam Bomb's Leader ability Power of Angry - time to go nuclear!
- Fixed an issue where Worm Wars Reset would sometimes not become available every day
- HP bar for characters with maximum health over 20k now properly segmented
- Fixed an issue where the Regeneration buff was healing for more than 5%
- Dolts 4-8 now correctly awards one T1 Meat Sword instead of umm… 350. Even for us, that’s a lot of free meat.
- Added explanatory text to the Training screen to avoid confusion for everybody
Please sign in to leave a comment.