It was the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche (or perhaps the GPK Brainy Janie) who said “That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.” In GPK: The Game, however, that which does not kill your enemies can be kind of a bummer. That’s why we’re giving some of our favorite characters a boost in the brutality department with our latest update: Buff and Tumble!
If you’ve got Gil Grill, Reuben Cube, Live Mike or Finger Lick Ken in your arsenal, they’ll be more ready than ever to kick your opponents in their arsenal. Live Mike in particular is set to shred with a brand new attack we’re calling the Axe Grinder.
But that’s not all! We’ve also updated these four characters’ abilities to pack more of a punch and increased their stats to make their attacks more agonizing. And while you test these torturous talents, don’t forget our all-new slate of Special Events that will call on your Clumsy, Smelly, Retro and Porky GPKs to do dramatic damage.
So let’s get ready to rumble – with Buff and Tumble!
Update 20 marks a major change for GPK: The Game: A major under-the-hood update. You can read more information about it here: https://jagostudios.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/6131131045523-Behind-the-scenes-update-coming-this-week-
Because it's such a big change, this update will be rolling out over the next few days instead of all at once. That means that some percentage of users will get to see it, and then as we're comfortable with the results we'll dial that percentage up until everyone has it.
If you see any weird/unusual behavior, please let us know.
Detailed change notes (not including all the specifics of what we updated in the above migration, which basically includes everything that touches the server):
* Now showing fully animated versions of locked characters.
* Gil Grill’s basic attack, Finger Flambe, now has an increased chance for follow-up attack. The order of the last two ability upgrades has been reversed as well.
* Gil Grill’s special attack, Merit Bash, now includes a chance to gain the Armor Piercing buff for two turns instead of applying a limited amount of Armor Piercing for just one attack.
* Reuben Cube’s first Special ability, Solved, has a final self heal amount of 30% (doubled from original 15%)
* Reuben Cube’s second Special ability, Scrambled, is now also an attack with a cooldown of 3. Resistance gain has been removed to keep things simple. It still adds taunt and three debuffs, though.
* Live Mike has a new Special Attack, Axe Ginder, which can apply both Ability Block and Heal Block if you’re extra lucky
* Live Mike’s Special Attack, Shocking Solo, has had its initial cooldown reduced from 20 to 10.
* Live Mike’s Passive, Stage Presence, now guarantees a cooldown reduction for Shocking Solo when Mike takes damage or is healed with a chance to reduce it by another turn.
* Finger Lick Ken’s Special Ability, Hot Oil, has higher damage upgrades, and now guarantees Prediction when an enemy is killed with DOT.
* Finger Lick Ken’s Leader ability, Extra Crispy, now provides Physical Damage bonuses to Deranged teammates in addition to its previous Special Damage bonuses to Smelly teammates.
* Fixed an issue with Buggy Betty’s Passive Ability, Filthy Feeder, that may have prevented it from properly applying the Critical Chance and Critical Damage bonuses to attacks against Filthy enemies.
* Fixed a bug where Buggy Betty’s Leader Ability, Buzzing Defense, was not being applied properly. While fixing this, it was decided to simplify the ability upgrades. Each upgrade (except the level 3 upgrade) now applies +2% Evasion to Freaky Teammates. Level 3 still gives a Speed boost when Evading attacks.
* Added a hard cap of 50 to dodge/evade chance to mitigate the potential for any ability bugs to make it higher.
Please sign in to leave a comment.