There's new update available in the App Store. Please update to this new version ASAP as it fixes a number of bugs.
See thread here:
Here's where we're at:
- Issues with importing accounts into the new version that previously only used the old version should be resolved at this point. What that means it that the import process is working properly now, but for people who experienced some data loss before, fixes still may be necessary.
- We can flag accounts for complete re-import, but be aware that doing so will reset progress to the last time you played the previous version. Obviously if your card inventory was messed up this is worth the trouble, but please let us know if you have (for example) made gem purchases in the mean time, because your currency balances will also revert to their previous state. We can reimburse you for this.
- Many players have had issues with Arena Rank and some users have had issues with being able to play Nuts, Dolts, and Club battles. These require client fixes.
- Speaking of client fixes, we're testing a hotfix update to the game right now. It should fix the above issues, along with some others we've seen. I'll have a full, detailed changelog for that update as soon as it's out.
Automated detection of broken Ally lists should be rolling out soon. If you have SOME but not ALL of your allies accounted for, your account may need to be flagged for repair manually. Please contact customer service if this is the case.
Thanks everyone for your patience - it's obviously been a difficult week and we're working hard to bring everything back to normal.
Well, as we suspected might happen, the backend upgrade (which we had to do) did not go as smoothly as it could have. Here's a rundown of what happened:
By coincidence, our service provider experienced an outage around the same time we increased the availability of the new version of the game. This is why a number of early upgrades went fine but some later upgrades that occurred around Thursday, June second had errors.
The outage resulted in inconsistent behavior that affected players in the following ways:
- Some cards data was not properly transferred from old accounts to new accounts
- Some allies data was not properly transferred from old accounts to new accounts
- Some achievements data was not properly transferred from old accounts to new accounts
- Progress towards various goals, such as completing battles or collecting achievements, was not being saved
- PvP ranks displaying as 0, resulting in weird behavior in the Arena
- Card Junk upgrades not being saved properly
Where are we at now?
- All issues where progress is not saved during the session should be resolved (please let me know if you're still seeing this)
- For many users, the data migration did occur correctly but the data was not loading or correctly when opening the game OR saving when progress was made... but these issues have been resolved.
- For a few remaining users, data migration did NOT occur correctly. We are working on some scripts to automate detection of this issue when players log in. When this happens, we will initiate a re-import of some or all player data from the old server, which will restore the account to the proper pre-migration state. This pertains specifically to the ally list and card inventory.
I will try to keep this thread updated with the latest info.
Thanks for your patience as we work through this.
- We had some intermittent connectivity issues over the weekend. This should be resolved now.
- A script to automatically detect broken Ally imports has been deployed and should reimport ally lists automatically when necessary.
- We now have the ability to manually flag an account for COMPLETE reimport from our old servers. If you feel that your data was lost and you want your account reimported, please contact customer support via the Settings screen in the app.
Please sign in to leave a comment.